eManager’s product range updates its software suite to the newest version of Node-RED and Yocto Dunfell to keep offering the maximum performance and the best tools to easy develop industrial IoT applications. Below we detail the main software innovations for PickData’s controllers and gateways product range.
Version 2.1.4 of Node-RED incorporates huge number of novelties and improvements focused on runtime, the flow editor, usability innovations and extending the developer experience.
If you are interested on reading the changelog of each version, you can visit the following links:
New Yocto Dunfell distribution
The Yocto disitribution has been updated from Thud 2.6 to Dunfell 3.1 version. Below, we detail the main improvements:
- Redundant u-boot environment activated
- Improvements on setup and execution of recovery mode
- Linux Kernel updated to the version 5.4
- Update to nodejs 14.18.1 and node-red 2.1.4
- Update to python 3 for pymodbus package
Device identification, UPnP Protocol and AP Wi-Fi mode
Beyond the update of Linux Yocto and Node-RED versions, the new eManager’s image introduces significant improvements on the field of device self-discovery. The main objective is to ease the project implementation and the connection to our devices.
The following features have been added to the software suite:
- Devices identification by hostname. eManagers will be identified by its product name and the last 6 digits of the MAC address. Example: eManager-Pro-313CE8
- The protocol UPnP has been implemented to allow self-discovering the eManager in any Windows, Linux or Mac network.
- Now the Wi-Fi interface is configured in AP (Access Point) mode by default. The SSID of the network will be the hostname of the eManager.
The new eManager’s suite includes many more features to optimize the device performance, the updates security, the debug mode, the system logs, and more.
If you would be interested in finding out more details of this update you could visit the dedicated docs website for eManager product range.
More about eManager
eManager is an IoT controllers product range with more than 20 models, combining different CPUs, GPRS, Wi-Fi and 4G communications, digital & analog inputs & outputs, batteries and more. If you want to know all our modular controllers product range click on the following link.
Subscribe to our Newsletter to be the first to hear about the upcoming updates related to IoT and PickData.
If you are interested in learning more about Node-RED or topics related to Internet of Things, Big Data, Industry 4.0 and Analytics, do not hesitate to continue reading our publications in the News section.
Documentation and other information